Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome to Ms. Lynsie's Preschool Class!

Well, preschool has been going great! I just sent the first newsletter home to the parents yesterday I can't believe I've been teaching for a whole month. We started out talking about friends and getting to know each others' names, and lately we have been talking about trees! First we learned about the parts of a tree and we have been reviewing it each time and they know it! They have been learning what I have taught them, it is very exciting! We just got done talking about shade, I put some butcher paper on the floor with a big flashlight shining down on it and we traced our shadows we also talked about bark and how it protects the tree so one day I walked in with a coat on and talked about how coats protect us from the cold, I asked the kids, "can a tree put on a coat? No, that's silly, a tree has bark to protect it!" - the next day I walked in with a helmet and shin guards - then I showed them a log and pounded with a hammer on the indside of the tree (it made a mark) then I pounded on the bark (it didn't make a mark). Basically I am having way too much fun. I have a picture of my favorite part of the classroom - where I display the kids' art! I asked parents to donate old picture frames and then I hung it over the pictures. Its pretty neat this whole wall is cork like a bulletin board and the opposite wall is megnetic. I wish I had more pictures to show!!!

5 comments:

The Frechette's said...

How Fun Lyns!! Your doing an awesome job!!

Suzy Q said...

Well I hope that I will be able to come to Utah soon! I really really want to! I want to see all of your houses. Thank you for making me feel like I can come and visit you guys! That means a lot! And im sure I will sometime before this school year ends! :) Anyways :) Actually L. Tom Perry isnt my uncle....hes my best friend's great uncle. My best friend's mom just died and so since he was her uncle he came and spoke. He was amazing! I love him too! That sounds like a good talk that you got at BYU! He is such a sweet guy! AND SOOOOO TALL! :) Well talk to you soon and im glad to hear that you are enjoying your preschool class!

Corynn

Jennie said...

sooo cute! i'm glad you got a picture up too! i bet your kids just love you! you sound like the best teacher! we're excited to see you for office night tomorrow :) love you!

Burbs said...

This is teaching at it's best! You really have those kids engaged. How exciting! I loved hearing about you beating on the bark with a helmet and shin guards!!
Love,
Daddy

Skeem's said...

I love the tree, how fun!! Your such a cute little teacher, I am sure your doing great and the kids love you and will be the smartest things ever! Love you
Sis