Friday, October 31, 2008

My Birthday

It's come and gone again... and I'm still young. 23 years old doesn't feel any different. Ken cooked up a few surprises for me, some less glamorous than others... We spent the weekend babysitting for Ken's Aunt and Uncle in Ogden, but Ken managed to make breakfast for my birthday and later squeeze in Cake and Icecream with his side of the family that night. I didn't want to spend my birthday celebration babysitting, so we left most of that for the next day. Actually, Luke did give me his present that day when we went to church, in relief society he was amazingly good, I was able to listen to a great lesson! The next day I woke up and got ready to go to work, before I headed out, Ken came out of the bedroom with a wrapped package. I opened a new set of scriptures (which later we had embossed with my name: Lynsie Sheffield), they are a beautiful burgundy color. I went to work on one of my short days and came home at 1:30 to a good husband cleaning the house:) YAY! Then he turned around... (see figure 1) I made him shave it before we left the house...is that mean? For those of you who know Ken, he has enjoyed looking like a back-woodsman lately. So before I left he had a bushy beard.
Also it may be important to note that while we were dating he grew a mustache just to make people laugh... basically it was gross. I even left to go to Washington and I thought for sure he would shave it off before I got back to make me happy. But alas, I suppose its hard for him to part with his beloved hairy face... Back to the birthday story, he shaved and then told me to get ready to go, and bring a jacket. A surprise! As some of you may know Ken isn't good at keeping surprises a secret, but I love surprises (good ones), but this time he did it, he kept where we were going a secret! We met Jesse (that was such a blast to hang out with him!! its been a while, Anthon and Jennie, and the fam along with Jeff and Willy - then went to Gardner Village. It was so fun, it was such a cute little setup.

I fell in love with a yarn shop they had there! Luke had a blast running around seeing the pumpkins and cute dressed up witches.Then we came back to the house and did presents(Thanks again everyone!)and had icecream cake. Yum! So that is the story of me turning 23.

0 comments: